In order for your resume to be reviewed, you must have past or current experience with surgical scheduling.
Surgical Scheduling Coordinator – ENT and Facial Plastics
Exempt, hourly based on experience
What is Totum Health?
Totum Health was created to help you achieve a healthier version of the person you are today. Our model pairs advanced medicine and diagnostics with integrative treatments and ongoing patient education to treat the whole person, not just a list of symptoms. And to help each patient look and feel their best, Totum Health’s Manhattan Ear, Nose and Throat specialists (otolaryngologists) and Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons work together to address healthcare issues in a compassionate and caring environment.
We are currently seeking a full-time Surgical Scheduling Coordinator to join our ENT, Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Sleep Medicine Office. This candidate will work within a multi-physician and multi-service practice environment; he/she will provide support to front office operations to ensure smooth flow of patient care, but not limited to registration, scheduling, pre/post follow-up patient calls. Contact insurance providers to obtain preauthorization for surgical procedures and diagnostic testing. Actively participate in process improvement initiative to ensure the coordination of care
• Responsible for the coordination of all OR surgeries and procedures.
• Monitors front office workflow and make adjustment to ensure optimum delivery of service.
• Responsible for the Verification of patient demographics and obtaining pre-certification from insurance carriers for all OR surgeries and procedures.
• Responsible for obtaining patient medical clearance.
• Resolve patient issues or answer questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Places surgical confirmation calls 1 day in advance of scheduled surgery or procedure date.
• Schedules post-op follow up visits with providers.
• Liaison between referring physicians and surgeons for the communication of clinical data and to determine O.R. scheduling, etc.
• Trains and mentors other Surgical Scheduling Coordinator(s) or less senior staff within the unit.
• Collects and distributes appropriate paperwork to internal and external parties to coordinate the surgeries.
• Recording of hospital reservation and pre-admit data in our patient management system.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
*In order for your resume to be reviewed, you must have past or current experience with surgical scheduling. ENT and Facial Plastic Knowledge a plus! The ideal candidate will be a team player, flexible, possesses excellent communication skills, be proactive and have a genuine interest in the field of otolaryngology. This candidate must also possess the ability to manage time and stress effectively as it pertains to the office based setting. Come join our team!