Botulinum Toxin Injection (BOTOX®) can be used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, or to prevent fine lines and wrinkles in what we like to call “maintenance Botox” (read more about that here). Botox is the most common cosmetic procedure in the world! The key to a natural-looking result is all in the training and skill of our injector. The cost of Botox treatment depends upon the volume of Botox (units of Botox) needed to create the desired result. Dr. Liotta believes in highly individualized treatment plans to achieve the best, most natural results. Who is a Good Candidate? Botox can’t be used in patients who are pregnant or nursing.
Some common uses of Botox include:
- Forehead lines (horizontal lines across the forehead that deepen when you raise the eyebrows)
- Frown lines (vertical “11″ lines between the eyebrows)
- Crow’s feet
- “Bunny” lines (the horizontal lines across the bridge of the nose that deepen with squinting)
- To lift low eyebrows (“Botox Brow Lift”)
- To diminish masseter hypertrophy and soften the jawline
- Tighten the neck and smooth out vertical neck banding
- Smooth out chin dimpling
- Elevate the corners of the mouth
- Smooth out vertical “smokers’ lines” around the mouth
How is The Procedure Performed?
Botox in an in-office procedure that takes only minutes to perform. During consultation, an individualized treatment will be designed for you by Dr. Liotta. The skin of the areas to be treated will be cleansed, and the injection will be performed with a very tiny needle.
What is The Recovery?
While it is possible to develop a bruise after treatment, bruising with Botox injection is rare. In most cases, you will have very small erythematous points where the Botox was injected. These red areas will disappear within approximately 15-20 minutes after treatment. You may apply sunscreen and make up immediately following treatment. Note that Botox does not take effect immediately. It will between 4-7 days before you can see the full effect of your Botox treatment.
Schedule a Consultation With Dr. Liotta
For more information on Botox, please contact us today. Dr. Liotta can meet with you for a confidential consultation to answer any questions you may have.